A SOLAS task team has the responsibility of conducting research surrounding specific scientific themes that were set out by the Scientific Steering Committee.
Asian Dust and Ocean EcoSystems (ADOES)
The goal of ADOES is to quantitatively understand the deposition flux and bioavailability of Asian dust, and its impact on biogeochemical processes and ocean ecosystem in order to provide scientific bases for the mechanism of eolian dust-ocean ecosystem-radiative gases-climate change.
The main activities of the task team fall under the following categories:
- Physical and chemical variations of dust aerosol during its downwind transportation
- Transport path and layer of dust and its deposition flux to northern Pacific Oceans
- Impacts of dust on biogeochemistry and ocean ecosystem
- Annual report on the activities of 2013
- Annual report on the activities of 2012
- Report on the Joint 6th Workshop on ADOES with Asian SOLAS, October 5-9, 2011 in Qingdao, China. pdf file (179 kB)
- Report from summer 2011 in the SOLAS Newsletter issue 11 pdf file (81 kB)
- Original task team proposal pdf file (96 kB)
- last update February 2017-